Yesterday we launched the new website for RockfordGrill.com. The project was a lot of fun and a great foray into some new techniques and technologies.
The site is built in Flash using the Gaia Framework. It was my first attempt at using Gaia for a commercial project and overall I was pretty happy. It did a lot of the legwork for me like creating the FLA and class files for me. The transitions were easy to use. I did have a strange glitch that involved duplication of created Sprites but I am not 100% positive that Gaia was the culprit.
The data source for the project was WordPress and I used a great little plug-in for interfacing with it that pulled the content into Flash. I had to do a fair amount of customization to the plug-in’s files to get what I needed but it worked very well for my purposes