I have run into a bug a few times in the past little while that had me stumped. When creating meta boxes on the admin side of WordPress that contained custom loops, I couldn’t reset $post using wp_reset_postdata() – it just didn’t work.
Originally, I thought maybe I was doing it wrong because I was using get_posts, so I tried WP_Query with the same results. So, thinking I had a legitimate bug, I went to report it and found that there was already a ticket and a patch for it ( gotta love the WordPress community ). The patch is a nice, elegant fix that worked well when I tested it – but until it’s accepted into core it’s not really an option to use because hacking core is bad. So I rolled my own in the meantime. (more…)